SCREW WRITING STRONG WOMEN
“The Gender Based Violence Prevention Project is a new project of the Students’ Union that promotes a campus free of gender based violence. Gender Based Violence exists in both visible and invisible ways on our campus and affects the lives of many University students, staff, faculty, and community members. Through education, awareness, and institutional change, we are striving to create a campus free of gender based violence where everyone can feel safe and supported.”
Unfortunately, despite their activist moniker, MRAs do not generally use their networks to create meaningful change. Instead, they often parrot the same talking points on the bottom of articles about women’s issues to prove that men are, in actuality, the more oppressed gender. The Southern Poverty Law Center describes their rhetoric as “dedicated to savaging feminists in particular and women, very typically American women, in general.”
These are just a handful of the most pernicious myths put forth by MRAs to convince the world that (white, cis, heterosexual) guys are the ones who really have it bad.
Shout out to all of the young girls whose first sexual experience was taken away from them. It’s supposed to be comfortable, and liberated. To all those who had that taken from them, you can take back your sexuality. Don’t let scum take that back from you. You are beautiful, wonderful, and fucking powerful.
The central attitudes driving the Player are:
- Women were put on this earth to have sex with men—especially me.
- Women who want sex are too loose, and women who refuse sex are too uptight. (!)
- It’s not my fault that women find me irresistible (This is a word-for-word quotation from a number of my clients.) It’s not fair to expect me to refuse temptation when it’s all around me; women seduce me sometimes, and I can’t help it.
- If you act like you need anything from me, I am going to ignore you. I’m in this relationship when it’s convenient for me and when I feel like it.
- Women who want the nonsexual aspects of themselves appreciated are bitches.
- If you could meet my sexual needs, I wouldn’t have to turn to other women.
|—||Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft (via misandry-mermaid)|
thank u ryden